According to Pope Francis: “Saints aren’t superheroes, nor were they born perfect. They are like us, each one of us, but once they experienced a life-changing encounter with God, they never left his side.”
We can live a holy life as well. Pope Francis suggests ways we can do that in a Top Ten list compiled by the Catholic News Service:
- Follow God with your whole heart, without compromise, without hypocrisy.
- Get your sense of security from God’s love, not things.
- Always serve others.
- Learn to suffer with those who suffer, rejoice with those who rejoice.
- Bear suffering and adversity without hatred.
- Respond to evil with goodness and mercy.
- Reconcile people, build peace.
- Have a joyous, humble heart; don’t judge.
- Follow the path of the Beatitudes (Matthew 5:3-12)
The saints are on the sidelines, telling us, “Be not afraid!”