March 9, 2023
Each day, I reflect upon a word or phrase inspired by the readings of the day. I encourage you to do the same and perhaps incorporate that word or phrase into your daily prayer.
Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose hope is the LORD. (Jeremiah 17:7-8)
TRUST IN THE LORD: I struggle with giving my complete trust to God. I have gotten better, but I’m not there yet. Maybe you are in the same boat.
Why in the world do we have a problem turning things over to God? Some possible answers:
- We don’t believe God can get the job done. (Lack of faith)
- We think we can do it better. (Arrogant)
- We say, “This is impossible.” (Giving up)
- We KNOW we can do this on our own. (Control freak)
- God has let us down in the past. (Untrue)
- We’re scared. (Bingo)
Fear. It’s the same reason I never learned to swim. My dad said he’d catch me, but I wouldn’t even jump. Fear of failure, fear of letting go, fear of the unknown, fear of what others may think, fear I’ll let someone down, and on and on.
Let us pray:
Good and gracious God: Take away my fear. Give me the courage to turn toward You in need and to trust in your love. Take away my fear that I may bear fruit. Amen